Fire Abate Service in Pittsburg & Concord, CA
As catastrophic wildfires continue to increase each year in California, our fire fuel reduction strategies and vegetation management can help you ensure that you are prepared in Pittsburg & Concord, CA. The goal of fire abatement service is to remove enough vegetation or "fuel" so that when a fire burns, it is less severe and can be more easily managed. Reducing fire fuel is a proven means of lessening the impact of wildfire on homes, businesses and lands.
Defensible space is the buffer you create between a building on your property and the grass, trees, shrubs, or any wildland area that surround it. This space is needed to slow or stop the spread of wildfire and it helps protect your home from catching fire, either from embers, direct flame contact or radiant heat.
- Create a Defensible Space by removing all flammable vegetation within 30 feet immediately surrounding your home
- Then create a "REDUCED FUEL ZONE" in the remaining 70 feet or to your property line You have two options in this area:
- Create horizontal and vertical spacing between plants. The amount of space will depend on how steep your property is and the size of your plants.
- Large trees do not have to be removed as long as all the plants beneath them are removed.
- Remove lower tree branches at least six feet from the ground
- Landscape with fire resistant plants
- Maintain all plants with regular water, and keep dead branches, leaves and needles removed.
- When clearing vegetation, use care when operating equipment such as lawnmowers. One small spark may start a fire; a string trimmer is much safer. Call us today for Fire abatement service in Pittsburg & Concord, CA!